Sorry for being slightly late to post this slog, I had infact almost totally forgotten about it until now.
Anyhow, I feel rather confident about the test. This time its hopefully justified, I was able to prove the first and the third question however the second one was a bit tricky but I think I pulled through by using contradiction of the negation. Anyhow just like my prof says, I don't always take a term test at 6 pm, but when I do, I have 2 lectures right after.
This week we went through the Big O of polynomials, non polynomials as well as limits. Personally I found it a bit hard to focus due to the stressing factor that is a term test, however I tried my best to understand the lecture and have tried going back and reviewing the lecture slides. One issue that I have with proving the Big O of polynomials is that the definition of Big O is so long that I tend to get lost easy. But overall, I realized that picking B and C is important but must also be used to show its bounding relationship. Also for polynomials, by checking the degree of the function, you can figure out who is the Big O of who, where the terms with the largest degree and see which is larger. eg. n^1984 is less than 2n^1984.
Furthermore, with non polynomials, we can use limits to help us prove Big O. If the ratio of f(n) over g(n) approaches infinity when n approaches infinity, that means that f(n) grows faster than g(n).
Anyhow, hopefully I can wrap my head around the definition of Big O, which seems to currently be an issue. This is perhaps solely because I get confused rather easily when equations get long, but I suppose I'll survive. See you guys next time! (Lookin' at you TAs since you guys are probably the only ones who read this)
DUDE term test 2 is so hard
ReplyDeleteHaha, it wasn't too bad for me, what did you find challenging on that test?
ReplyDelete